For dog trainers & other dog professionals
Become a professional Predation Substitute Instructor for dogs that love to chase
PST will change the way you work forever! We show you how to control predatory behaviour with fun, force-free methods and amazing results, while also strengthening the dog-human bond.
What you will learn:
What’s really behind predatory behaviour
How to transform predatory chasing from working against to working with the dog
How to make enjoyable walks and lasting relief become a reality for your clients & their dogs
How to achieve more motivation and use special training-games to keep your clients going and growing
Modern and force-free methods to get better results
Exact tutorials and training-plans to implement the new methods in your professional work and offers
Predation Substitute training isn’t just a technique!
It’s a Win-Win-Win: for you as a professional, for your clients and for their dogs
The PST-Approach will not only help you to become a better trainer, it will also be an opportunity to stand out of the competition on the dog training market!
During the ten weeks course, you will learn how to teach and apply modern force-free anti-predation training in your training classes and one to one clients.
The comprehensive and successful anti-predation training program consists of four different aspects that are all equally important for you and your client’s training success: Management and Prevention, Predation Substitute Tools, Predation Substitute Games and the Interruption of Predatory Behavior. In our instructor course, we will cover them all and we will enable you to evaluate the focus for every individual human/dog team.
There are only 20 spots in this course and each Session will consist of a theoretical input, given to you during our live sessions (recordings will be available) and self-paced practical exercises that you will try out with your own or a client’s dog.
Become a professional Predation Substitute Trainer
We show you how to apply Predation Substitute Training to your work as a dog professional. You will learn how to help dogs & their owners, by using force-free and effective techniques with long-lasting results.
You will learn…
Session 1+2 - The Foundation
- What predation is and how to distinguish a dog’s predatory motivation from “pseudo-predation” and what the consequences are for your training
- How to evaluate the training focus for every individual human/dog team
- The basic games that build the foundation for successful anti-predation training
Session 3 - Prevention
- Why it is so important for the human and the dog to stay in contact with each other
- Several practical games to successfully prevent predation from happening
- Finding the perfect rewards for every dog
- How to create a “yes-zone” around the dog where they can be successful and what this “yes-zone” should look like
Session 4 - Management: Use of the Long Line
- How to use and handle the long line as an effective tool in a safe way
- Evaluate the right length of the long line for your individual human/dog team
- Practical leash skills for your canine and human learner
Session 5 - Stress and stress relief
- Why stress, stress relief and calmness are critical for your training success
- How to tell the difference between true calmness and impulse control
- About the spoon theory
- How to achieve stress reduction through structured walks
- Several methods to promote calmness and relaxation in your canine learner
Session 6 - Calmness in the presence of wildlife
- The ways to teach your client’s dog calmness when wildlife is around
- How to identify safe parts of the predatory sequence
- Ways to reinforce those parts as functional alternative behaviors
- To capture the very first steps that work for every dog as a starting point
Session 7+ 8 - Predation Substitute Games
Two practical sessions:
- How to give your client’s dogs a safe outlet for their predatory energy according to their individual needs
- How to play the Predation Substitute Game to suit every part of the predatory motor pattern
- How to increase criteria in a real life context so that your canine learners will be able to focus on their human partners even under high distractions
- To use PST Games as Reward Markers to refine the communication with the canine learner
Session 9 - Interrupting Predatory Behavior
- What realistic expectations are
- Three games that work as positive interrupters even if the dog is in mid-chase
- The mistakes that need to be avoided
Session 10 - Practical Application
- How to apply PST in your business with clients
- How to structure your sessions to not overwhelm clients
- Which formats work and which don’t
Show your Knowledge
- Participants are allowed to use the PST-Instructor logo.
Every week there is time for your questions, we evaluate (voluntarily) submitted videos of your training and give you direct feedback to support you on your way.
Tackle all exercises at your own pace with the help of a workbook. It also serves as a basis beyond the course which you can always adapt to the current status of your training.
In order to create a space of mutual support for all participants, there is a separate Facebook group as a protected, moderated space.
The perfect mix for your success
Live Online Sessions
Learn from leading expert Simone Mueller & her team
Simone Mueller – Predation Substitute Expert
Hi, my name is Simone, and I’m an internationally known expert in Predation Substitute Training for dogs (and their humans). After writing two books, offering live and online courses for dog owners, now it’s time to show more dog professionals how to handle predatory behaviour successfully and make a real change for their clients!
Sonja Rupp – Co-Trainer
Sonja is a certified dog trainer (ATN), currently in further training as a canine relaxation trainer (BHV) and dedicates herself to dogs with special needs and attention in training.
What you can expect from this course
You understand predatory behaviour and know how to stop uncontrolled chasing in a healthy, reliable and force-free way.
You know how to structure your training-offers to set your clients up for success and lasting change.
You will discover new ways to let dogs express their predatory energy through unique Predation Substitute Games.
You will not only train dogs & their owners, you will also lead them to a stronger bond, enjoyable walks and a happier life together.
- Weekly assignments, tasks and case studies posted and worked on in the private course group.
- Assignments contain filming and uploading videos with participant’s own dog or client’s dog (The dog does NOT necessarily have a high prey drive!).
- Participants need solid knowledge of learning theory.
- A minimum of two years and/or 200 hours of experience working force-free with dogs in a training or behavior capacity as the main trainer. Working with your own dog is not enough.
- Pledge to follow the LIMA guidelines of force-free dog training. No prong collars, slip leashes, martingales or ecollars on the dogs.
Is this you? Then we would love to welcome you as a future Predation Substitute Trainer!
What dog-owners say about our training approach
And what your future clients may say as well…
Danelle K., Canada
… how different Simone’s approach is to the common things you hear about prey drive. Giving dogs appropriate outlets for their natural needs has always been a priority of mine and this course teaches you techniques and games that are exactly that. I enjoyed the videos that were filmed with her own dogs and client dogs after explaining the theory to see what the methods will look like in the real world.
Linda W., Australia
Before Predation Substitute Training, I was being dragged behind my dog while she gleefully chased cats. Thanks to your clear and concise protocols, I was able to show her how we can hunt together! She is so driven to play the games with me, and it has strengthened our relationship and communication.
Having been a street dog until 1.5 years old, my Border Collie mix Samson had a long reinforcement history with chasing animals – from rabbits to deer. His habit of merry-go-rounding when he saw animals made leash training that much more difficult and frustrating. Transitioning to calm ‘stalking’ was such a difference not only on my end of the leash, but was a much more natural and overall calm behaviour for Samson who was already feeling frustrated by his new city life. Could not recommend more!
This course is perfect for you, if you …
… want to understand predatory behaviour and help dogs and their owners to solve hunting issues in a force-free and fun way.
… want to learn about Management and Prevention, Predation Substitute Tools & Games and the interruption of Predatory Behavior.
… look for an opportunity to stand out of the competition on the dog training market – with an offer, that’s really in demand!
… search for exact tutorials and training-plans to implement the new methods in your professional work and offers.
Are you in?
I absolutely hope you will join us and take the chance to be part of this new way of training to make some real change happen – for dogs & their humans.
I’m looking forward to seeing you in the course!
Founder of Predation Substitute Training
PST Instructor Course 2022
Become a Professional
Predation Substitute Dog Trainer
+ 10 week online course
+ 10 modules with live-webinars
+ weekly Q&As with Simone & her team
+ exclusive facebook group for exchange & support
+ Replays of all webinars
Only 20 spots
1599 € (one payment)
or 2x 800 €